The Fresno County Democratic Central Committee has not endorsed any candidate in this race.
For Immediate Release
BAUMAN WINS SUPPORT FROM 7 OF STATE’S 10 DEM CONSTITUTIONAL OFFICERS
Newsom, Padilla, Ma, Chiang, Torlakson, Horton, and Dave Jones Back Bauman for CDP Chair
LOS ANGELES, CA — Reflecting his widespread support from California’s elected leaders, today California Democratic Party Vice Chair Eric C. Bauman’s campaign announced that it has secured the support of 7 of the State’s 10 Democratic constitutional officers.
Those endorsing Bauman include:
- California Lieutenant Governor Gavin Newsom
- California State Treasurer John Chiang
- California State Superintendent of Public Instruction Tom Torlakson
- California Secretary of State Alex Padilla
- California State Insurance Commissioner Dave Jones
- California State Board of Equalization Member Fiona Ma
- California State Board of Equalization Member Jerome Horton
“I am proud that over the last decade, we have managed to turn all of California’s Statewide offices blue, and am equally proud to be endorsed by so many of our statewide elected officials and constitutional officers,” said Bauman. “We must remain vigilant, always fighting to protect the progress we have made under these leaders and others, while working to ensure that all of our Statewide offices remain Democratic in 2018.”
Previously, Bauman has been endorsed by numerous major statewide leaders including LA Mayor Eric Garcetti, former LA Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, NextGen Climate President Tom Steyer, State Senate President pro Tem Kevin de León, State Assembly Speaker Anthony Rendon, and many others.
Yesterday, Bauman’s campaign announced he had won the backing of nearly 90% of the California State Senate Democratic Caucus.