FRESNO—The Fresno County Democratic Party has voted to change its recommendation in the election for Fresno County Auditor-Controller/Treasurer-Tax Collector to “No Endorsement.”
The local Democratic Party also made an endorsement on two of the City of Fresno ballot measures:
- Vote “yes” on Measure A.
- Vote “yes” on Measure O.
The committee previously had announced its support of Measure P.
The Fresno County Democratic Party can be reached at 559-495-0606 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Janz Travels Throughout California’s 22nd Congressional District Talking to Voters While Nunes Continues to Hide
Fresno, CA (October 3rd, 2018) – With November 6th closing in on us, we’ve started ramping up the campaign to reach as many voters as possible. Andrew has attended public events throughout California’s 22nd Congressional District and hosted weekly meet and greets; all while Nunes hides from his constituents, hosts private parties and evades public forums.
Below is a September overview of the Andrew Janz for Congress campaign:
- Labor Day Pancake Breakfast – September 3
- Janz joined workers and local leaders in serving pancakes at the annual Labor Day Pancake Breakfast.
- SEIU Rise Up Labor Day Picnic – September 3
- Andrew spoke at the annual Labor Day Picnic about the importance of protecting workers in the Central Valley.
- Visalia Meet and Greet – September 5
- Visalia Judge Broadman hosted a meet and greet with a group of mostly Republicans. Republican Judge Broadman came out in support of Andrew saying this will be the first time he is not voting for Nunes. See the video here.
- LGBT Meet and Greet – September 10
- Local LGBT leaders hosted a meet and greet for Andrew Janz and his campaign for Congress. Topics included Democratic Party support and water.
- Andrew Throws First Pitch @ Visalia Rawhide – September 11
- Janz honored military members, past and present, and first responders by sponsoring a Visalia Rawhide baseball game.
- Tulare County Fair – September 12
- Andrew visited the booths and met with voters at the annual Tulare County Fair. His campaign helped facilitate a Democratic presence during the week.
- Fresno Meet and Greet – September 13
- Andrew met with voters in Fresno, topics such as education and health care were addressed.
- Fresno Meet and Greet – September 14
- Andrew met with voters in California’s 22nd Congressional District. He spoke to about 75 people regarding his campaign, specifically about jobs and water.
- Janz Kicks off Visalia Canvass – September 15
- Andrew met with a group of 50 Visalia canvassers to encourage them to knock on doors in California’s 22nd Congressional District.
- Janz Hosts Farmersville Meet and Greet – September 15
- Andrew talked to voters in Farmersville that are often forgotten about by both parties.
- 200 grassroots supporters came out and supported Janz in his second annual Janz BBQ. During this event, he called upon his dedicated base to volunteer for him.
- Janz Knocks on Doors in Orange Cove – September 16
- Andrew personally visited residents of Orange Cove who have been neglected by their Representative for the past 15 years.
- Orange Cove Block Party – September 16
- The Andrew Janz campaign hosted a block party with Orange Cove voters, bringing the grassroots campaign to the outskirts of the district.
- Dinuba Democratic Club Kickoff – September 26
- Andrew visited long forgotten voters in the small town of Dinuba. He plans to change that by asking for the support of the newly formed Dinuba Democratic Club.
- Fresno State ASI Voter Reg & Education Event – September 27
- Andrew visited students at Fresno State to talk with them about his campaign for Congress. The students were lining up to take selfies with Janz.
Find photos of Janz on the campaign trail in September here.
Andrew Janz is a Deputy District Attorney for Fresno County, where he was assigned to the Violent Crimes Unit before entering the race against 8- term incumbent Rep. Devin Nunes after his infamous midnight Uber trip to the White House last spring. Andrew Janz is 34 years old and resides in Fresno with his wife Heather and their two dogs.
Devin Nunes is the 8 term incumbent for California Congressional District 22 who became a national lightning rod after his midnight trip to the White House in 2017. Most recently Devin Nunes has come under national and local scrutiny for his most recent ethical missteps in spending thousands of campaign dollars on Boston Celtics tickets, wine tours, and Las Vegas getaways.
⇒ In 2016, voters in CA-21 rejected Trump by an astounding 16-point margin. This race is being called one of the Democrats’ “top pickup opportunities” of 2018.
Democrat TJ Cox currently trails in the polls due to the far-right’s spending surge and needs URGENT support to make up ground before ballots hit mailboxes on October 8th. TJ is rejecting ALL corporate PAC money and is depending on grassroots support to flip this seat. Please make a contribution to his campaign here >>
If you’ve saved your payment information with ActBlue Express, your donation will go through immediately:
TJ Cox for Congress
Our opponent’s independent expenditure just got another boost today. A boost to the tune of $4 million dollars this week alone. And we’re a month away from the election.
What does this mean? This means that $4 million on top of the more than $7 million they have spent just in the general election will be used to run ads on every single television set in California non-stop. They’re trying to drown out our message because they know if voters hear it then we will win. Help us fight back!
This past weekend, The San Diego Free Press wrote about why this election is so important. Then, The San Francisco Chronicle profiled our opponent’s track record manipulating standards to make graduation rates in his schools look good when in reality they only hurt student’s readiness for college.
Our opponent’s donors see this kind of unchecked standard as the solution to improving public schools in California. We can’t let them win this fight and take over our state’s school system.
Let’s show them that California’s students are NOT for sale.
Paid for by Tony Thurmond for Superintendent of Public Instruction 2018
Tony Thurmond for Superintendent of Public Instruction 2018
PO Box 2145
Richmond CA 94802 United States
Andrew Janz Brings in $4.3 Million in Q3 Against Devin Nunes
Fresno, CA (October 3rd, 2018) – Andrew Janz’s campaign for California’s 22nd Congressional District announced a staggering haul of $4.3 million last quarter (July – September). Andrew Janz has refused corporate PAC money and is the proud recipient of over 180,000 individual contributions since announcing his candidacy in April of 2017.
“Our campaign proves you don’t need to take corporate money to run a competitive race. I’m proud to be supported by individuals not corporations, like my opponent who is funded by big pharma, the Koch brothers, and the largest corporations on the planet. We won’t make real change until we get dark money out of politics and those who accept their donations in exchange for their votes in Washington.”
Andrew Janz was raised in Visalia and is running for Congress against Devin Nunes in California’s 22nd Congressional District. Andrew’s campaigning on water for the valley, more jobs, protecting social security and medicaid, and fighting corruption in Washington. Andrew Janz is 34 years old and resides in Fresno with his wife Heather and their two dogs.