As you likely have heard, the federal government shut down at midnight on Friday. In my 24 years as a Member of Congress, I had the honor of getting to know our federal employees and the families that their valuable work supports. I’m disappointed that the livelihood of so many workers now is at risk of furloughs and more. No one would run a business the way leaders in Washington are running our government.
For decades, I’ve fought alongside our brothers and sisters in the labor movement to protect the rights of California workers, whether by supporting collective action, protecting the fundamental fairness of agency fees, or protecting the rights of hard working families to fair pay. I am proud to earn the endorsement of AFSCME California and its more than 179,000 members in my bid to remain your Attorney General.
AFSCME recently joined the growing list of labor groups who stand with me because I stand with labor, including:
- California Teachers Association
- California Professional Firefighters Association
- California Building & Construction Trades Council
- California State Association of Electrical Workers
- California State Law Enforcement Association
- California Pipe Trades State Council
- Laborers International Union of North America
- Service Employees International Union
I am humbled by their support and look forward to continuing to advocate for California’s working families.
Will you join AFSCME, CTA, SEIU and other labor unions in supporting me to remain our state’s legal advocate and chief law enforcement officer? Together, we will continue to fight for fairness and opportunity!