Dear Fellow Democrat,
I am running for Lt. Governor to fight for a better, stronger California. The California Democratic Party Convention is just a few days away and I hope to earn your support.
As a first-generation American, and first in my family to graduate college, my family’s story is California’s story. My grandmother in Greece never learned to read or write. She let my father come to America alone, with no money, to be a farmworker outside of Lodi. He worked his way through Sacramento State University on a waiter’s salary, married my mother who was a school teacher, and together they taught me the values of hard work, education, and determination.
We must keep the pathway of the American Dream open and alive by:
- Fighting to bring down the soaring costs of the UCs, CSUs, and our community colleges.
- Creating and delivering affordable housing for middle class families.
- Ensuring that Californians have access to affordable, single-payer healthcare.
- Safeguarding our endangered coast, fighting climate change, and standing up to Big Oil.
- Standing up for DREAMers and our immigrant brothers and sisters, a woman’s right to choose, marriage equality, and equal rights for all.
- Protecting women in the workplace.
I am a proud mother of two teenage boys, a lifelong Democrat, and a former CDP delegate. I am proud to have served President Obama as Ambassador to Hungary, to have served on the First 5 Commission for early childhood education, and to currently chair Governor Brown’s California International Trade and Investment Advisory Council.
I am the only candidate to have visited all 58 California counties and have had the pleasure of meeting many of you in person and listening to your stories along the way.
I earned the endorsements of Senator Kamala Harris, Equality California, EMILY’s List, the California Federation of Teachers, the Northern California Carpenters, and the California State University Employees Union – SEIU Local 2579, along with so many other Democratic leaders, activists, and organizations.
As the first woman elected Lt. Governor in California history, I will stand side-by-side with you to fight back against Trump, protect our California values, and ensure that we safeguard our democracy for future generations of Californians and all Americans.
I would be honored to have your support!