*** No candidate for Attorney General has been endorsed by the CDP ***
Many communities in California, especially communities of color, continue to carry more than their share of the burden of pollution and environmental contamination. We have a moral obligation to focus our efforts on fighting for safe, clean and healthy communities for all Californians.
That’s why I’m proud to have earned the endorsement of the California Environmental Justice Alliance Action. CEJA Action builds the political power of communities of color to advance environmentally and socially just policies in California.
CEJA Action joins other environmental justice advocates in supporting my campaign, including:
- Orson Aguilar, President, Greenlining Institute*
- Caroline Farrell, Executive Director, The Center on Race, Poverty and the Environment*
- Laurel Firestone, Co-Executive Director, Community Water Center*
- Veronica Garribay, Co-Director, Leadership Counsel for Justice and Accountability*
- Luis Olmedo, Executive Director, Imperial Valley Comite Civico del Valle (CCV)*
- Vien Truong, CEO, Dream Corps and Director of Green for All*
- Penny Newman, Founder, Center for Community Action and Environmental Justice (CCAEJ)*
Since taking office, I’ve filed more than a dozen lawsuits aimed at ensuring communities have clear air and clean water and have helped local governments in their fights for environmental justice. Last month, we established a Bureau of Environmental Justice within the environment section of the California Department of Justice. So long as I am Attorney General, we’ll continue to fight for environmental justice.
Thank you for standing with me,
*Titles for identification purposes only