Money is not speech. Our political system has been corrupted by the influence of corporate money. That is why today our campaign released a plan to end the corporate corruption of our politics and our government.
Our plan is designed to take on the corrupting influence of corporate money in every part of our political system. That includes:
- Enacting mandatory public financing laws for all federal elections.
- Passing a Constitutional Amendment that makes clear that money is not speech and corporations are not people.
- Banning all corporate donations for presidential inauguration events and capping individual donations at $500.
- Abolishing the now-worthless FEC and replacing it with the Federal Election Administration, a true law enforcement agency.
- Ending the influence of corporations at the DNC:
- Banning donations from federal lobbyists and corporations.
- Instituting a lifetime lobbying ban for National Party Chairs and Co-Chairs.
- Banning Chairs and Co-Chairs from working for entities with federal contracts, that are seeking government approval for projects or mergers, or can reasonably be expected to have business before Congress in the future.
- Banning advertising during presidential primary debates.
- Instituting a lifetime lobbying ban for former members of Congress and senior staffers.
Our Money Out of Politics plan is far-reaching, because it needs to be — our political system is incredibly corrupt, and it will take an unprecedented effort to root out the corruption.
That effort starts with all of us in this movement adding our names to call for money to get out of politics. That’s why I’m asking you right now to support our plan.
What we are proving together is that we can transform our country without a dime from corporations or the billionaire class. Thank you for all you do for our political revolution.