We know one thing for certain: America’s character is defined by its openness to those who come here seeking opportunity, asylum, or refuge.
Under Donald Trump, we have not been living up to the America our founders fought to build. Our immigration system is fundamentally broken and in desperate need of an overhaul — but that’s exactly what Jay is proposing to fix.
Jay just released his plan — America’s Promise — for humane, just, efficient, and comprehensive immigration reform. It’s exactly the plan we need to get America’s character back on track — if you agree, add your name today.
Jay will act to stop Donald Trump’s chaos and cruelty within his first 100 days in the White House. His plan builds off of Washington state’s record of progressive policies to bring real reform to our immigration system.
Under Jay’s leadership we will:
- In the first 100 days of his administration, take immediate action to restore regular order and humanity to the border by ending Trump’s wall, rescinding the Muslim ban, ending the abuse of solitary confinement, and setting a mandate to substantially reduce the population of immigrants in civil detention.
- Recognize the role climate change is playing as families are forced to flee their homes in Central America for the U.S. and establish a regional strategy to help address the root causes of this migration and to define and address the role climate change is playing in migration across the globe.
- Restore America’s historic role as a world leader in refugee resettlement.
- Envision an overhaul of our immigration system so that it is humane, just, and efficient, including a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants, repeal of laws that lead to mass detention and deportation of immigrants, and prevention of future blanket entry bans.
- Expand opportunities for immigrants with strong labor protections and organizing rights, including protections against wage theft, and amendments to U.S. law to make federal financial student aid available to DREAMers.
In Washington state, one in seven residents is an immigrant, and Jay has taken bold action to stand up for immigrants and refugees against demagogues — like President Trump — who would demonize and target them. Jay understands that what has worked in Washington state could work for the rest of the country, and his plan sets out exactly how he’ll reform our broken immigration system.
Show your support for Jay’s America’s Promise immigration plan: Add your name today.
Deputy Campaign Manager
Inslee for America
No fossil fuel money. No corporate PACs. Just you. Join our movement to elect a president who will defeat climate change.