The Debate: Derlet vs McClintock
Congressman McClintock and I debated the issues this past Tuesday morning in Auburn. I am sending to you the key points I made in my closing statement:
- Over 200 years ago, our Founding Fathers chose a federal system of government because they knew that a strong central government would be necessary in a changing and challenging world.
- Today, as we look beyond our borders and across the oceans we see just that.
- My opponent, Tom McClintock and I differ on so many issues important to the future of our children and the future of this great country.
- I want us to have a common sense government that insures a fair playing field for a free market economy and the people who live here.
- My opponent wants small government, even if means handing over your rights to special interests.
- We need a strong consumer finance protection bureau to protect your rights.
- We need Congress to stop the price gouging by so many pharmaceutical companies.
- We need open spaces in the Sierra Nevada to sustain these areas for a billion-dollar tourist economy.
- My opponent votes to weaken clean water and air standards, which would harm our health and that of our children. Let us not forget what happened in Flint Michigan.
- My opponent supports measures that decrease taxes on multi national corporations and the multi-millionaires, like the CEO of Wells Fargo. But don’t be fooled, what they don’t pay, you will pay.
The choice is yours; Do you what a Congress that writes the rules to favor special interests and take away your freedoms, or a Congress to write rules that will favor, benefit, and protect all of us.
My name is Bob Derlet. Please assist our campaign and contribute.
View the Debate Here:
Check our schedule and join our Campaign at:
Join Our Campaign