*** Alex Padilla has been endorsed for Secretary of State by the CDP ***
I’m asking for a donation to the Democratic Association of Secretaries of State so that we can fight to protect voting rights ahead of the midterm election. And I want you to know why your donation right now is so important.
Republicans are doing everything they can to roll back voting rights and gerrymander districts to save themselves from losing races.
Just take a look at their war on voting rights has looked like this year:
- At least eight state legislatures have advanced 16 bills to that make it harder to vote.
- The New Hampshire legislature passed a law targeting student voting.
- The Georgia Senate passed a pair of bills restricting voting hours and early voting options.
- In Wisconsin, Scott Walker refused to hold elections until forced by a federal judge.
- And Kris Kobach, former head of Trump’s sham voting commission, implemented a faulty “crosscheck” system that more states are using to purge millions of eligible voters from their rolls.
Democratic Secretaries of State are on the front lines to protect voting rights, and it’s crucial that we help Democrats win in November. Unlike Republicans, we don’t have a shady network of billionaire donors to finance our efforts –– we rely on grassroots donors like you.
We are planning critical investments in key states to help Democrats win, and the donations we receive from supporters like you over the next few days will determine how far our strategic campaign plan can go.
We’re still short of our campaign goal of $7,402, and we need this money in the door before the end of the week. Will you donate $5 or more and help fight back against voter suppression and propel Democrats to victory?
If you’ve saved your payment info with ActBlue Express, your donation will process immediately:
Thanks for standing with us to help protect voting rights and elect Democrats.
California Secretary of State
Chair, Democratic Association of Secretaries of State