From our friend Jessica Rothaar at Health Access comes this request:
Dear Central Valley Budget Allies:
The HHS Network is rolling out a postcard campaign, funded by the California Association of Food Banks (CAFB), urging 12 GOP legislators – including Senators Tom Berryhill and Anthony Cannella, and Asm. Bill Berryhill – to vote to “stop the drop” in revenues scheduled for July 1st, which would blow another $9 billion hole in California’s budget and force millions more in cuts to local schools, public safety and health & social services.
The postcards are meant to be signed by constituents of the legislators who can break California’s budget logjam. Our goal is to generate 10,000 postcards statewide by June 15.
If you can distribute (and collect them back after they’re signed!) these postcards at your meetings, in your waiting rooms, etc, please e-mail me the following:
- The number of postcards you would like sent to you and for which legislators. We will send printed address labels with the postcards so please specify how many postcards you want for each legislator.
- The name and address to send the postcards to.
- Whether you plan on sending the completed postcards back to us or mailing them directly to the legislators (Please see below for the logistics around either decision).
Our goal is to mail the postcards and address labels to you within a week of receiving your order. A sample of the postcard can be downloaded here.
- If you send your postcards directly to the legislators, the cost for a postcard stamp is 28 cents, so budget accordingly.
- If you would like CAFB to pay the postage and mail the postcards from Oakland, please place all completed postcards in a large envelope and send it to:
Tim Shadix, California Association of Food Banks
1624 Franklin Street, Suite 722
Oakland, CA 94612
Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for all you do,
Program Director, State-Level Advocacy and Organizing
414 13th Street, Suite 450
Oakland, CA 94612
phone: 510-873-8787 ext. 107
For timely information on budget and legislative information, visit our website at www.health-access.org.