The Fresno County Democratic Central Committee has not endorsed any candidate in this race.
For Immediate Release
HERNANDEZ SECURES MORE SOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT SUPPORT IN LG BID
Santa Ana Police Officers Association is the Latest to Join the Growing Coalition of Public Safety Support for Senator Ed Hernandez
LOS ANGELES COUNTY, CA — Coming off the heels of a recent endorsement from influential Latino organization, the Mexican American Bar Association Political Action Committee (MABA PAC), today State Senator Hernandez received a critical endorsement from the Santa Ana Police Officers Association (SAPOA).
In announcing their endorsement, Santa Ana Police Officers Association President Gerry Serrano released the following statement:
“The Santa Ana Police Officers Association proudly endorses Senator Ed Hernandez for Lt. Governor. As a good government advocate and policy leader, he has dedicated his career to promoting public safety and improving our local communities. Law enforcement officers can trust him to ensure that we are equipped with the proper training and resources to keep our neighborhoods safe. We are fully confident that Senator Ed Hernandez is the best choice to lead California as our next Lt. Governor.”
Law enforcement and public safety organizations are rallying around Senator Hernandez’ campaign, and he’s earned endorsements from the following organizations:
- Peace Officers Research Association of California (PORAC)
- California Reserve Peace Officers Association
- California Statewide Law Enforcement Association
- California Association of Law Enforcement Employees
- Sacramento Police Officers Association
- San Jose Police Officers Association
- El Monte Police Officers Association
- Association of Special Agents – Department of Justice
- Association of Deputy Commissioners
- Fire Marshal and Emergency Services Association
- Association of Criminalists for the California Department of Justice
- California Association of Fraud Investigators
- Association of Conservationist Employees
- California Association of Regulatory Investors
- Inspectors Association of Motor Carrier Operation Specialists
- California Highway Patrol Public Safety Dispatchers Association
- Association of Motor Vehicle Investigators of California
- California Organization of Licensing Registration Examiners
- California Alcoholic Beverage Control Agents
- Hospital Police Association of California
- California Association of Criminal Investigators
- Resource Protection Peace Officers Association
- California Association of Food and Drug Investigators
Significantly, recently California Governor Jerry Brown signed Senator Dr. Ed Hernandez’ groundbreaking drug transparency bill, SB-17, into law. Senator Hernandez’ latest digital video ad, titled, “Life or Death,” features a moving testimonial from Kendall Renee, who is allergic to more than 95% of foods and carries at least four EpiPens with her at all times. Renee highlights Senator Hernandez’ efforts to combat skyrocketing drug costs in the ad.
To view Hernandez’ “Life or Death” spot, click on the screen shot below:
Unshaken by big moneyed special interests, Hernandez not only has taken on Big Pharma but also fought Big Tobacco, as the architect of California’s landmark law to raise the state’s smoking age to 21.
In addition to today’s news, as of the June 30, 2017 fundraising deadline, Senator Hernandez had raised over $2 million for the statewide effort and has locked in far-reaching support across California.
To view Senator Hernandez’ “Record of Progress,” digital video ad, click here or on the screen shot below.
Several months back, Senator Hernandez released his first digital video, titled “A California Story,” which can be viewed by clicking on the screen image below:
Beyond today’s announcement, Senator Dr. Hernandez’ campaign has released an expansive list of over 500 endorsements from grassroots activists, community leaders, federal, state and local elected officials, public safety groups and over 60 labor unions.
A husband, father, grandfather, practicing optometrist, and local businessman, “Dr. Ed” (as he is known to his patients) has spent his life bringing quality eye care to predominantly low-income communities. As a health care provider, the need to improve access to health care for all Californians is what first drove him to run for office.
Since being elected to the Assembly in 2006 and the Senate in 2010, Dr. Ed Hernandez has been a leader on the implementation of federal health care reform – helping expand access to affordable health care, control costs, and improve the network of providers so people can actually get quality care when they need it. Dr. Ed has been a champion by expanding educational opportunity to qualified students overlooked by our public schools and universities, as well as a major proponent for government reform, including fixing a broken initiative system too often hijacked by billionaires and wealthy corporations. Dr. Ed Hernandez is running to take this experience, leadership, and vision to the next level by serving the people of California as their Lieutenant Governor.
For more information, please visit www.edhernandez4ca.com.
*Titles for Identification Purposes Only.