For Immediate Release
February 12, 2018
Contact: Dave Jacobson, (818) 943-2348
Maclen Zilber, (510) 508-9142
Jacobson & Zilber Strategies
L.A.’S POLICE ENDORSE ED HERNANDEZ FOR LT. GOVERNOR
Los Angeles Police Protective League Join Broad Public Safety Coalition Backing State Senator for Lt. Governor
LOS ANGELES COUNTY, CA — Continuing to pick up steam in his campaign for California Lieutenant Governor, today State Senator Dr. Ed Hernandez won a coveted endorsement from the Los Angeles Police Protective League.
In making their endorsement public, Los Angeles Police Protective League President Craig Lally released the following statement:
“The Los Angeles Police Protective League is proud to endorse Senator Ed Hernandez for Lieutenant Governor. His strong ties to the community, legislative experience, and understanding of the unique law enforcement needs of Los Angeles will ensure that we have a leader who will fight for safer communities across California. As a State Legislator, Ed’s commitment to the safety and security of our neighborhoods is unwavering. We, in law enforcement, stand with Ed Hernandez.”
Senator Hernandez has quickly consolidated public safety support in the California Lieutenant Governor’s race, earning the backing of the following organizations:
- Peace Officers Research Association of California (PORAC)
- California Reserve Peace Officers Association
- California Statewide Law Enforcement Association (CSLEA)
- Los Angeles Airport Peace Officers Association
- Sacramento Police Officers Association
- El Monte Police Officers Association
- San Jose Police Officers Association
- Santa Ana Police Officers Association
- Association of Special Agents-Department of Justice
- California Association of Law Enforcement Employees
- Association of Deputy Commissioners
- Fire Marshal and Emergency Services Association
- Association of Criminalists for the California Department of Justice
- California Association of Fraud Investigators
- Association of Conservationist Employees
- California Association of Regulatory Investigators and
- Inspectors Association of Motor Carrier Operation Specialists
- California Highway Patrol Public Safety Dispatchers Association
- Association of Motor Vehicle Investigators of California
- California Organization of Licensing Registration Examiners
- California Alcoholic Beverage Control Agents
- Hospital Police Association of California
- California Association of Criminal Investigators
- Resource Protection Peace Officers Association
- California Association of Food and Drug Investigators
Recently, State Senator Dr. Ed Hernandez rolled out a new digital video ad, titled “Proven Progressive,” in his campaign for California Lieutenant Governor. The ad highlights some of the Senator’s high-powered endorsements, including from the California Nurses Association and the California Teachers Association, along with his 100% legislative voting scorecard from organizations like the California Labor Federation* and Planned Parenthood Affiliates of California Advocates*.
To view Senator Hernandez’ video ad, “Proven Progressive,” click here.
Significantly, recently California Governor Jerry Brown signed Senator Dr. Ed Hernandez’ groundbreaking drug transparency bill, SB-17, into law. Senator Hernandez’ latest digital video ad, titled, “Life or Death,” features a moving testimonial from Kendall Renee, who is allergic to more than 95% of foods and carries at least four EpiPens with her at all times. Renee highlights Senator Hernandez’ efforts to combat skyrocketing drug costs in the ad.
To view Hernandez’ “Life or Death” spot, click here.
To view Senator Hernandez’ “Record of Progress,” digital video ad, click here.
To view Senator Hernandez first digital video, titled “A California Story,” click here.
A husband, father, grandfather, practicing optometrist, and local businessman, “Dr. Ed” (as he is known to his patients) has spent his life bringing quality eye care to predominantly low-income communities. As a health care provider, the need to improve access to health care for all Californians is what first drove him to run for office.
Since being elected to the Assembly in 2006 and the Senate in 2010, Dr. Ed Hernandez has been a leader on the implementation of federal health care reform – helping expand access to affordable health care, control costs, and improve the network of providers so people can actually get quality care when they need it. Dr. Ed has been a champion by expanding educational opportunity to qualified students overlooked by our public schools and universities, as well as a major proponent for government reform, including fixing a broken initiative system too often hijacked by billionaires and wealthy corporations. Dr. Ed Hernandez is running to take this experience, leadership, and vision to the next level by serving the people of California as their Lieutenant Governor.
For more information, please visit www.edhernandez4ca.com.