For Immediate Release
LA COUNTY POLICE CHIEFS JOIN BROAD PUBLIC SAFETY COALITION BACKING HERNANDEZ IN LG CONTEST
Los Angeles County Police Chiefs’ Association Say, “Senator Hernandez has proven himself an ally of law enforcement and public safety”
LOS ANGELES COUNTY, CA — Kicking off the week with a fresh boost of momentum, today State Senator Ed Hernandez won a forceful endorsement from the Los Angeles County Police Chiefs’ Association in his campaign for Lieutenant Governor of California. This announcement follows news that last week the Los Angeles Police Protective League endorsed the Senator’s statewide run. Previously he was backed PORAC, the Peace Officers Research Association of California, the largest state law enforcement association in the nation.
In making public their endorsement, Bob Guthrie, President of the Los Angeles County Police Chiefs’ Association, released the following statement:
“The Los Angeles County Police Chiefs’ Association is proud to endorse Senator Ed Hernandez for Lieutenant Governor. Senator Hernandez has proven himself an ally of law enforcement and public safety over the years, and as well as a reliable and accessible Senator to his District police chiefs during that time. Los Angeles County Municipal Police Chiefs are confident Senator Hernandez will carry those positive traits with him at the state level as California’s next Lieutenant Governor. We also firmly believe that Ed Hernandez will continue to work every day as Lieutenant Governor to enhance public safety for all Californians, and grow professional relationships with all Police Chiefs throughout this great state for years to come. We look forward to Ed Hernandez becoming California’s next Lieutenant Governor!”
Senator Hernandez has quickly consolidated public safety support in the California Lieutenant Governor’s race, earning the backing of the following organizations:
- Peace Officers Research Association of California (PORAC)
- Los Angeles Police Protective League
- Los Angeles County Police Chiefs’ Association
- California Reserve Peace Officers Association
- California Statewide Law Enforcement Association (CSLEA)
- Los Angeles Airport Peace Officers Association
- Sacramento Police Officers Association
- El Monte Police Officers Association
- San Jose Police Officers Association
- Santa Ana Police Officers Association
- Association of Special Agents-Department of Justice
- California Association of Law Enforcement Employees
- Association of Deputy Commissioners
- Fire Marshal and Emergency Services Association
- Association of Criminalists for the California Department of Justice
- California Association of Fraud Investigators
- Association of Conservationist Employees
- California Association of Regulatory Investigators and
- Inspectors Association of Motor Carrier Operation Specialists
- California Highway Patrol Public Safety Dispatchers Association
- Association of Motor Vehicle Investigators of California
- California Organization of Licensing Registration Examiners
- California Alcoholic Beverage Control Agents
- Hospital Police Association of California
- California Association of Criminal Investigators
- Resource Protection Peace Officers Association
- California Association of Food and Drug Investigators
Recently, State Senator Dr. Ed Hernandez rolled out a new digital video ad, titled “Proven Progressive,” in his campaign for California Lieutenant Governor. The ad highlights some of the Senator’s high-powered endorsements, including from the California Nurses Association and the California Teachers Association, along with his 100% legislative voting scorecard from organizations like the California Labor Federation* and Planned Parenthood Affiliates of California Advocates*.
To view Senator Hernandez’ video ad, “Proven Progressive,” click here.
Significantly, recently California Governor Jerry Brown signed Senator Dr. Ed Hernandez’ groundbreaking drug transparency bill, SB-17, into law. Senator Hernandez’ latest digital video ad, titled, “Life or Death,” features a moving testimonial from Kendall Renee, who is allergic to more than 95% of foods and carries at least four EpiPens with her at all times. Renee highlights Senator Hernandez’ efforts to combat skyrocketing drug costs in the ad.
View Hernandez’ “Life or Death” spot.
To view Senator Hernandez’ “Record of Progress,” digital video ad, click here.
View Senator Hernandez first digital video, titled “A California Story,“.
A husband, father, grandfather, practicing optometrist, and local businessman, “Dr. Ed” (as he is known to his patients) has spent his life bringing quality eye care to predominantly low-income communities. As a health care provider, the need to improve access to health care for all Californians is what first drove him to run for office.
Since being elected to the Assembly in 2006 and the Senate in 2010, Dr. Ed Hernandez has been a leader on the implementation of federal health care reform – helping expand access to affordable health care, control costs, and improve the network of providers so people can actually get quality care when they need it. Dr. Ed has been a champion by expanding educational opportunity to qualified students overlooked by our public schools and universities, as well as a major proponent for government reform, including fixing a broken initiative system too often hijacked by billionaires and wealthy corporations. Dr. Ed Hernandez is running to take this experience, leadership, and vision to the next level by serving the people of California as their Lieutenant Governor.
For more information, please visit www.edhernandez4ca.com.