CA Fair Values Act Please call now!
If you haven’t already heard, some great legislation has already been presented this week by our State legislature. I want to share this information with you and ask that you call Gov. Jerry Brown and Assemblymember Jim Cooper to support the CA Values Act!
PLEASE SHARE WIDELY
The California Values Act was introduced in the California State legislature! This important bill aims to get state and local law enforcement out of the deportation business! Now more than ever, we need our state to take bold actions to protect all in our community against the Deportation Machine that President-elect Trump is about to inherit.
PLEASE CALL Governor Jerry Brown and Assemblymember Jim Cooper, ask them to support the California Values Act! (and share the attached graphic on social media)
Governor Jerry Brown: (916) 445-2841
Assmeblymember Jim Cooper (Assistant Majority Leader): (916) 319-2009
“Hello, my name is and I would like to ask to support the California Values Act, SB 54. The California Values Act protects all Californians by making sure local resources aren’t used to separate families or violate Californians’ due process rights. It will also reduce deportations and discrimination on the basis of identity, race, religion, or sexual orientation.”
Under the California Values Act:
1. State and local law enforcement agencies and school police and security departments will not engage in immigration enforcement. No state or local resources will be used to investigate, detain, detect, report, or arrest persons for immigration enforcement purposes. And regardless of whether state or local resources are implicated, no state or local law enforcement agency will detain or transfer any person for deportation without a judicial warrant.
2. State and local resources will not be used to facilitate the creation of a national registry based on religion or other protected characteristics.
3. State agencies will review their confidentiality policies in order to ensure that eligible individuals are not deterred from seeking services or engaging with state agencies. State agencies shall not collect or share information from individuals unless necessary to perform agency duties.
4. California schools, hospitals, and courthouses will remain safe and accessible to all California residents, regardless of immigration status. Each shall establish and make public policies that limit immigration enforcement on their premises to the fullest extent possible consistent with federal and state law.
Please have your organization support the California Values Act! You can sign your organization on by going to the following link! Your organization will be added to advocacy materials in support of the bill.
Today more than ever we need every single one of us! Call the Governor and legislative leadership. You better expect that the anti-immigrants are calling them right now!
Tweet Your Support!
· BREAKING: #CAValuesAct introduced in CA legislature! Bill would ensure state & local resources not be used for further mass deportations. (click to tweet)
· .@JerryBrownGov & @AsmJimCooper, protect CA families & ensure state & local resources not be used 4 mass deportations. Support #CAValuesAct (click to tweet)
· CA stands against @realDonaldTrump’s racist anti-immigrant agenda. #CAValuesAct #SB54 bill intro today 2 protect families from deportation! (click to tweet)
· Thank you @Kdeleon, for championing the #CAValuesAct #SB54! We need to protect all families from deportation! (click to tweet)
CA State Director
Mi Familia Vota
5228 E. Pine Ave.
Fresno, CA 93727
C: (559) 473-6096