About the Committee
A Democratic Central Committee (DCC) is a political entity that conducts the California Democratic Party’s affairs within a specific county. There are 58 DCCs in California, one of which is the Fresno County Democratic Central Committee, also known as the Fresno County Democratic Party
- Provides voter services and voter education in Fresno County;
- Nurtures and supports Democratic candidates for office throughout Fresno County; and
- Disseminates information about the Democratic Party and Democratic candidates throughout Fresno County.
- To serve as the official governing body of the Democratic Party in the County of Fresno in cooperation with the State and National Committees.
- To conduct the Democratic Party campaign in the County of Fresno under the general direction of the State Central Committee
- To build party organization on the district, regional and county levels to register Democrats and turn out Democratic voters.
- To encourage the fullest possible participation of all Democratic voters.
- To develop party policies and positions and to communicate them to the public and to all officeholders.
- To provide a forum for the study and discussion of public issues.
- To conduct a public relations program for the Democratic Party throughout Fresno County and to represent the Democratic Party within the county.
- To charter Democratic organizations within Fresno County.
- To ensure, as far as possible, the election of the Democratic Party nominees and candidates endorsed by This Committee.
- To perform such other duties and services as will benefit the Democratic Party.
The FCDCC comprises
- Representatives from each Board of Supervisors district in Fresno County.
- Alternates to those representatives.
- Ex officio members that include elected officials and recent candidates for state and federal offices.
- Associate members that include Assembly District delegates, Democratic club chairs and former chairs of the FCDCC.
Current Central Committee Members
Elected or appointed as of October 15, 2017
DISTRICT NO. 1 – 4 MEMBERS
DISTRICT NO. 2 – 6 MEMBERS
Michael D. Evans
DISTRICT NO. 3 – 4 MEMBERS
DISTRICT NO. 4 – 4 MEMBERS
DISTRICT NO. 5 – 5 Members
Executive Board Members 2016-2018
The Executive Board includes the FCDCC officers—Chair, First Vice Chair, Second Vice Chair, Secretary and Controller — and the chairs of the standing committees.
|Chair||Michael D. Evansemail@example.com|
|First Vice Chair||James Martinezfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Second Vice Chair||Magdalena Gomezemail@example.com|
|Candidate Recruitment Committee||Dee Barnes
|PR & Communications Committee||Jeff Rosendalefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Strategic Action Committee||Sarah Hutchinsonemail@example.com|
|Events & Voter Education Committee||Lourdes Medina
|Field Coordination Committee|